3.24.2008

It's a Secret

There was an interesting boy I went out with for a bit when I first moved to CA. He went to Fuller but I first met him at the church I was attending at the time. We met at an informational lunch because we were both looking to work with the college students at the church – it must be real. From there we began to hang out a bit more. It wasn’t until about 6 months later though that things really started clicking. He pursued me to hang out a bit more, would call me more and text me quite often.
Then…the night I was stupid happened [unfortunately, this is only one example of a night I was stupid. But, alas, read on.] Remember how I am bad at texting? Well…I should have learned from this incident but apparently I did not. I had just been talking to a male friend of mine about this boy and how I could not really feel him out. I thought maybe he was interested but sometimes he talked to me about other girls…what? Why would he do that? And apparently sometimes boys do that to “feel a girl out” – I don’t get it. But…ok. Right after I got off the phone with this friend the boy called me! We chatted a bit and it was nice. So I decided to fill this friend in – I sent him a text
“Speak of the devil guess who just called? But he told me he is going to meet that girl this weekend. Why would he tell me that? I think I am falling into the friend zone.”
I waited…I waited…nothing. Usually this friend answers back really fast. So I check my sent messages to see if it went through. Well, apparently since this boy I had a crush on was on my mind…I SENT IT TO HIM! Oops!
Now…to this day he still claims he never got it. I don’t believe him. How could he have gotten every single other text I have ever sent him and not this ONE? Fishy.
Anyway, my apologizing [when apparently there was nothing to apologize for] lead to a conversation late one Thursday night at Lucky Baldwins. And he decided he wanted to give dating a try…but keep it a SECRET.
I can’t really explain to you how he still got me to “date” him for a few weeks when this was the line he hit me with. I am really not a stupid girl – but then again…
I don’t really think you can say we ever dated when he didn’t want anyone to know. And if his roommate ever called when we were out he would say, “I’m out with a buddy.” Hmmm. Needless to say that didn’t last too long. He told me I was really flirty with other guys and it drove him crazy and he didn’t feel like he could trust me. I’m not going to say if he was right or wrong – I’m just going to say if you want to keep the fact that we are dating a secret…I’m gunna play the part ☺

2 comments:

the kicker is... said...

And I'm just gonna say: If he wanted to keep your dating a secret, it's probably b/c he had other secrets (like, that other girl, perhaps?). I'm just sayin - if he couldn't even let his roommate know, it's probably b/c his roommate knew about OTHER things...

Fortunate that your "flirtyness" gave him an out...

Are you kidding me?!? He was just waiting for a chance to clear his conscience......

lizzo said...

this is where the line "nothing good happens after 10" came from.