12.11.2010

Eric and BJ should not read this post

I told you a while back about a semi-creepy but mainly harmless co-worker that sometimes says suggestive if-i-were-younger-I’d-want-to-date-you comments to me. He’s actually been really good lately, hasn’t really said much to me. Only honked his horn or playfully gotten mad if I have forgotten to say hello to him as I have walked by. But the other day as I was walking to my car for lunch he asked me if I liked candles. “Of course!” was my reply because I always have them stocked in my house and burn them anytime I am at home. So he asked me to wait in the parking lot while he ran back to his office. He came back with several boxes of decorative candles. He handed them over to me and wished me a Merry Early Christmas. But made me sit there and open every box and then comment on how much I loved them and then smell each one. Only…they are really awkward looking and smelling candles. It was some of my best acting (you know, other than Date #4 in the previous post). Maybe I should not have accepted them – but that would have been rude, right? Or maybe I should have lied and said “No, I hate candles, how awkward is it when things MELT! Ew!” But, I didn’t and then when he was opening every box for me so I could adore them I just didn’t know what to do. So, now I have a bunch of pinecone candles in my house complete with santa and reindeer candle holder….and I have no idea what to do with them.

1 comment:

Jenuine said...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEgift! *she said in a sing-song sort of voice :)