3.05.2008

Innocent Words?

There are way to many ambiguous words today. Too much for a helpless girl to read into…

Friend: one might not think this one can be confusing. But try this on for size “you are such an amazing friend. Seriously, one of the best.” While he uses the word friend his undertones say L-O-V-E-R

You are so special to me: this SHOULD mean I really want to be with you but I am afraid of messing this up: what it ACTUALLY means is do you think you could hook me up with your roommate?

Sweetheart: this SHOULD mean I want to be dating you: what it ACTUALLY means is thanks for fulfilling my emotional needs.

Hey Babe: this SHOULD mean I wish you were mine: what it ACTUALLY means is I had bacon for breakfast

Miss You: this SHOULD mean I can’t live without you, there is a void in my life: what it ACTUALLY means is I couldn’t think of another tag-line for my email.

I was thinking about you: this SHOULD mean I-want-you-I-need-you-oh-baby-oh-baby: what it ACTUALLY means is I just watched a rerun of I Love Lucy

Call Me: this SHOULD mean I can’t wait to talk to you and want you to feel like you can contact me anytime: what it ACTUALLY means is we ain’t ever going to talk again unless I stop screening my calls.

Lady: this SHOULD mean I really respect you and think you are a fantastic person I could actually see myself having a future with: what it ACTUALLY means is you remind me a lot of my grandmother.

Let’s Hang Out Sometime: this SHOULD mean I really enjoy your company: what it ACTUALLY means is I’ll probably be busy.

2 comments:

Marie said...

is it right for us to constantly look into these words tho? Or is all hope lost when a man says any of the above? Cuz if so...we're screwed huh? :-D

Mark Baker-Wright said...

Michelle can't stand the word "lady." Probably because she knows the "actual" meaning as you list it here.