1.24.2011

parents

I have just recently started watching "Brothers and Sisters" and I love it. I think it is because it is so dramatic and it makes me cry---I actually love crying. But there was a line in it as I was watching it tonight that resonated with me.

Kitty was talking with her mom about love. Her mom wanted to know what was wrong with her "fiance" and why she didn't want to REALLY marry him. Her reply:

Kitty: "The problem? It doesn't feel like you and dad. I guess they don't make them like that anymore."

And that made so much sense to me. As much trouble as I have with love, and finding a guy, and dating someone, and truly beliving that someone could be good and trustworthy enough to spend the rest of my life with....I think it all stems back to the fact that it doesn't look like what my parents have. And what they have is so incredible.

I guess they really DON'T make it like that anymore.

No comments: