9.30.2010

Drummers

It's time I confess something to you all...I have a disease. And it's called drummers. Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with me - I've looked into it. And I don't think there's a cure. But every guy I fall for is a freaking DRUMMER. And most of the time I don't even know it beforehand, after casually talking for a while he'll be like "oh, yeah, did I mention I'm a drummer?" It's not even funny anymore. And franky, some of them aren't even very good at it - but ALL OF THEM WILL BE DRUMMERS. My subconscious will know if a boy has a sense of rhythm and likes to hit things (not, like, people....you know what I mean)

I think it started in High School. The first boy I really liked, left me (didn't really LEAVE me...but he moved away) to go be a drummer in a band. Maybe that's what started it all. From then on all drummers became the unattainable - the inconsistent unreachable. I'm more of a chaser than a commit-er. And drummers are good to chase. Plus they make really great faces when they play - and I like laughing.

2 comments:

John said...

There's a whole lot of snarky comments I could make about drummers and dating, but I'll refrain because you've probably already heard them, or thoought of them yourself.

On the up side, it's good to be so self-aware. On the down-side, every drummer who reads your blog will now ask you out....right?

Yeti said...

Haah! I'm not THAT hotly pursued, John. Thanks for the confidence though!