I found this on the internet the other day and thought it was intriguing...thoughts?
How to Know if You're Really in Love
(original post...which is also a lot longer...found HERE)
There is no easy way to find the truth behind your feelings or the feelings of another person but there are some tell-tale signs that love is blooming (or growing deeper). If you agree with 7 of the following 9 statements you are probably in love.
- You know, because you have been told by your significant other, that your deep feelings are returned in kind.
- The object of your affections makes you feel special and good about yourself.
- If/when you feel jealous it is always fleeting; you trust your partner not to betray you or hurt your relationship.
- Nothing makes you feel as serene as when you and your partner are together.
- When you fight with your partner you usually make up within a few hours and you always agree that nothing is more important than you both being able to express your true feelings (even if they sometimes cause conflict).
- Your partner never asks you to choose between him/her and your loyalties to your family and friends - if you do choose him/her over them you always have a good reason and it is always YOUR decision, and your decision alone.
- Neither you or your partner feel the need to test the other's loyalties or feelings.
- You are more yourself when with your partner than you are with anybody else.
- If sex is part of your relationship it is by mutual desire and agreement without the slightest hint of commitment testing or persuasion.